Applications for certification against this FEMAS Standard for Intermediate Suppliers will only be accepted on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the authorised Certification Body and only in circumstances where the FEMAS International Core Standard is not appropriate.
Agenda & booking form
This FEMAS standard has been designed to cover the assurance requirements for all feed ingredients used in the production of animal feed, whether they are the primary products of a production system or by-products and regardless of their country of origin. This standard is intended for use with all feed ingredients, including micro-ingredients such as flavours, vitamins and enzymes.
This module is aimed at FEMAS participants marketing feed ingredients on the basis that they do not contain Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or are not derived from GMOs. It also applies to FEMAS participants who market feed ingredients derived from organisms for which there is a commercially available GM alternative, but who do not label these feed ingredients as containing GM.
• Dioxin testing
• FVO update
• FEMAS calculator
• Unannounced inspections
• New UFAS leaflet
The FEMAS standard has been designed to cover the assurance requirements for all feed ingredients used in the production of animal feed whether they are the primary products of processing or processing by-products and regardless of their country of origin. The standard is intended for use with all feed ingredients.
A Beginners' Guide
• Positive feedback on inspections
• Deadline set for scheme to improve
• New FSA Nicarbazin leaflet issued
• Mutual Recognition agreed
• NOPS appendix added to codes
• AIC’s HACCP guidance recognised
• Advisory notes for quality control plans
• Helping hauliers to join TASCC
• New International Shipping appendix
Inside this issue
• Presentation to European security conference
• Combatting threat of IEDs
• Survey confirms the importance of Assurance
• FIAS reduces HSE inspections
• Feedback draw winner
• New sub-contractor database
• Commonest non conformances
• New FIAS leaflet